Dan Wentzel
A
I have a friend in an interracial same sex marriage and they are emigrating next month.

Anti-LGBT laws are increasing, the Supreme Court is corrupt and untouchable, and the country is littered with white nationalists who own AR-15s.

They no longer feel safe here. I honestly don’r blame them.
02:24 AM - May 21, 2023
Birdmischief
A
In response to Dan Wentzel.
I'm so sorry they're leaving, but totally understand. I hope they'll be safe and happy wherever they're going and that we'll wrest this country back from the rot so they can contemplate returning.
10:20 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Lisa White
A
Understandable.
03:52 PM - May 26, 2023
Mandy Kilpatrick
A
I would leave and take my kids with me, if I could afford it. They would happily go. Could always return when things got better, if I was that wealthy.
07:44 AM - May 26, 2023
Lisa Hannon
A
I don't either, and it's heart-wrenching. A Japanese friend's daughter wants to visit the U.S., and she asked me if it was safe. I said, "NO!" then apologized for being so loud. :'(
07:15 PM - May 21, 2023
Stephen Wunderlich
A
America is in decline.
#VoteBlueToSaveAmerica
06:06 PM - May 21, 2023
Buster T
A
How sad is that. I don’t blame them either.
04:54 PM - May 21, 2023
lorraine aylward
A
We are so broken. Safe travels to your friends.
04:43 PM - May 21, 2023
Giordana
A
I am surprised that there isn't a mass exodus. Then again, a substantial portion of the population is not in a financial position to afford such a move. I feel incredibly privileged to live in #Australia with it's sane gun laws, strict anti-discrimination laws, and its stance of secularity.
04:39 PM - May 21, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Giordana.
Bingo! Most don't have the financial means to live comfortably in another country. Plus, leaving family and friends behind can be very stressful. It's not an easy decision.
06:09 PM - May 21, 2023
ALL NEW SUX
B
Hey, I'm a straight white guy and I no longer feel safe in this ChristoFascist shithole country so I can't imagine how they feel...I wonder how many more of our constitutional & civil rights Biden & Garland will allow Republicans to take away before they actually do something
04:33 PM - May 21, 2023
MaggieMae
A
I’m so sorry. I will keep them in my heart. 💜
02:28 AM - May 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}