call me kc
A
thread 1/3
A 10-year-girl in Delaware picked up “It’s Perfectly Normal” while at the library with her mother. When they came home, she showed her mom the chapter on sexual abuse and said, “This is me.” She was being abused by her father, and it was the first time she’d spoken about it.
1/
08:41 AM - May 21, 2023
call me kc
A
thread 2/3
The author wrote “I wish we never had to talk with kids about any of these aberrant behaviors. But we have to do so because kids have a right to have accurate information that can keep them healthy and safe. They need to know how to get help to make any abusive behavior stop.”
3/
08:43 AM - May 21, 2023
call me kc
A
In response to call me kc.
The father was convicted, and the judge said, “There were heroes in this case. One was the child, and the other was the book.” Also a hero was the librarian who made this book available on the shelves.
2/
08:42 AM - May 21, 2023
call me kc
A
thread 1/3
The author wrote “I wish we never had to talk with kids about any of these aberrant behaviors. But we have to do so because kids have a right to have accurate information that can keep them healthy and safe. They need to know how to get help to make any abusive behavior stop.”
3/
08:43 AM - May 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}