RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/6
Y'all mark my words when the spoutible app comes to IOS and Android...you can bet your sweet bippies that it's going to explode. y'all know that @cbouzy and his team is still working like crazy to give us the standard features, and making the current features better.
12:19 AM - May 24, 2023
A
thread 2/6
Also remember this the team has to make sure that everything on the backend works smoothly so they don't have to delay, and make rollbacks to any progress. This is hyper important for any new site of this endeavor.
12:20 AM - May 24, 2023
A
thread 3/6
Unlike, let's say, counter social, it's not a firehose of information that is a steady torrent coming to you. Instead you have the option to go to the explore part to see new spouts from different people and content.
12:20 AM - May 24, 2023
A
thread 4/6
Also keep in mind there still are some growing pains yet to make the site run smoothly. Remember when Twitter started out they were down for hours, and features like spaces, streaming, etc wasn't a thing until they brought the apps out that did it.
12:21 AM - May 24, 2023
A
thread 5/6
The best way for us to get those standard features, and improvements on current ones is to first be paitent, and secondly considering donating 5 bucks if you can (it's not required, but appreciated).
12:22 AM - May 24, 2023
A
thread 6/6
Are there some features like spaces, or even live streaming that will help break open the site's popularity? Probably, but again, it's up to you to support Spoutible and the team.
12:24 AM - May 24, 2023
Torchy Windrush Brown
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
I know that there will be more people using this platform when the app is released but I don't see a massive explosion. Most in the bird site are waiting for for Blue Sky to go public. I see this a becoming a friendlier facebook.
01:45 AM - May 24, 2023
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Torchy Windrush Brown.
The TOS for Blue Sky is extremely prohibitive. I would not recommend that anyone join that platform. Also, Jack still has his shares in Twitter. He and Elon are not competitors but rather collaborators in spreading disinformation. Anyone who joins Blue Sky is not doing their homework.
02:34 PM - May 24, 2023
Jeff Mistina 🐻
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
Agree! I’ve been saying this for some time as well. Everyone already here clearly didn’t find the absence of an app a barrier, but there are many out there that simply won’t try Spoutible until there is one.
12:36 AM - May 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}