Nathan Standing
A
The biggest concern with EVs has nothing to do with the cars. It's the chargers, stupid. Battery anxiety is most people's biggest concern.

Why doesn't anyone who isn't Musk understand that part? Superchargers are seamless; everyone else sucks.
09:25 PM - May 25, 2023
J.D. Cunegan
A
In response to Nathan Standing.
That's my biggest reason for not switching over: concerns over how I'd charge at home (and how that would affect my electric bill), and the availability of charging stations on the road and in public.
09:47 PM - May 25, 2023
TheAdenede
A
In response to J.D. Cunegan.
I use a Chargepoint charger. I drive the old version of the nissan leaf, I work 15 minutes from home, need to charge my car between once and twice a week on average.
I generally pay 12 bucks a month in electricity (the chargepoint app tracks this with my local electric rates)
10:12 PM - May 25, 2023
TheAdenede
A
In response to TheAdenede.
I got the charger for free through a deal with my local gas and light, i let them throttle my charging to 120v m-th 5-9 and get a discount on my electric bill.

My wife recently got a chrylser pacifica Plug in Hybrid and i think electric rates went up, so now it is 44$ a month roughly to charge 2
10:16 PM - May 25, 2023
TheAdenede
A
not trying to be all "check out what i got"

but rather saying that i've had good success with chargepoint, if you don't have a long drive it's good, and there are a lot of small deals that add up.

just in case it's helpful to know
In response to TheAdenede.
10:17 PM - May 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}