Sassy Bee
A
'State Farm said it made this decision because of “historic increases in construction costs outpacing inflation, rapidly growing catastrophe exposure and a challenging reinsurance market,” the company said in the release'
The irony is real & very worrying when even Ins. Co's are saying it 💯
02:23 PM - May 28, 2023

Only followers of this user (BanBillionaires) can see their posts

L. C.
A
In response to Sassy Bee.
This makes no sense. We have State Farm ins. The regulations for building in Calif are increasingly strict: water sprinklers in all rooms, flame retardent outside, solar panels, thicker outside walls. Because of all this, my husband, a retired ff, says he can protect our house with a hose.
02:47 PM - May 28, 2023
Sassy Bee
A
In response to L. C..
I suppose their think tanks have run the numbers on climate change & are getting spooked possibly? I can literally think of no explanation other than their greed & covering their behinds. Corp's always know stuff before the rest of us. It made no sense to me either but we're rational people so 🤷‍♀️
02:52 PM - May 28, 2023
David 1914
A
In response to L. C..
I remember when State Farm and other large insurers left Florida. They wanted to only offer homeowners insurance in certain parts of the state and Florida said if you don’t offer HO ins in all counties than you can’t offer in any county and they left. Maybe be similar in Cali.
03:07 PM - May 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}