AlwaysHopeful10
A
President Biden, what did you give up for this agreement to be reached? I'm sorry, but I do not trust that you did what was right. I think you caved.
06:37 PM - May 28, 2023
Max Prophet
A
In response to AlwaysHopeful10.
Biden caved. He looks weak.

He agreed to work requirements for Medicaid and SNAP benefit recipients.

All so that the Republicans don't have to give up. Trump's 2017 billionaires tax cut. This also weakens employee power by creating an indentured class of workers.
08:57 PM - May 29, 2023
Kenny
A
Sleeper activated
10:07 PM - May 28, 2023
Max Prophet
A
In response to Kenny.
Biden caved. He looks weak. He agreed to work requirements for Medicaid and SNAP benefit recipients. All so that the Republicans don't have to give up. Trump's 2017 billionaires tax cut. This also weakens employee power by creating an indentured class of workers.
08:58 PM - May 29, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
do you understand how this tri-partite govt works? if so, do you understand that 1 of those partites-congress-is half majority gqp & half majority dem by barely 1 senator? & finally, do you know that financing the govt is the job of congress? biden is president, not the fucking tooth fairy.
09:50 PM - May 28, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
There are plenty of people here who are old enough to remember when the Dems and Repubs worked across the aisle in order to find compromises to get bills passed. I'm not sure when you decided that it has to be all or nothing (which is a GOP talking point), but that simply isn't true.
09:48 PM - May 28, 2023
Jack Mcgraw
A
He gave up a world wide recession that would have put millions out of work and millions losing their homes.

He gave that up
09:43 PM - May 28, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
Think of who he had to work with!? Politics is all about compromise. It’s deeply unfortunate but it’s reality
09:41 PM - May 28, 2023
Mindy!!!
A
He didn't give up. He made them give up. This is an excellent deal under the circumstances. If you're worried about it, STOP ELECTING REPUBLICANS.
07:21 PM - May 28, 2023
Max Prophet
A
In response to Mindy!!!.
Biden caved. He looks weak.

He agreed to work requirements for Medicaid and SNAP benefit recipients.

All so that the Republicans don't have to give up. Trump's 2017 billionaires tax cut. This also weakens employee power by creating an indentured class of workers.
08:58 PM - May 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}