RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/7
There's one game I'm not gonna play here. If you have problems with your representatives that's down to you to use your first amendment right to tell them what's the problem. Also, have you ignored two years of Biden's accomplishments to blame "corporate democrats"?
11:10 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 2/7
I find it maddening that democrats will place blame on other democrats instead of trying to work together (exactly as the GOP wants). Do we have our problem starters, of course we do! We aren't claiming to be perfect!
11:11 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 3/7
I'm going to say this flat out...if YOU are a progressive and YOU want progressive things...YOU have to do the same work as everybody else. Without exceptions.
11:11 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 4/7
For example, using the excuse of "corporate Democrats getting in the way of progress" is one of the biggest copouts I've heard in my life. Why haven't you supported your progressive candidate in the primaries, and supported the winner after?
11:13 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 5/7
Also what research have you done to even come to that conclusion ignoring two years of solid progress? Even the so-called "coprporate democrats" are a world better than the GOP and that's already known.
11:13 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 6/7
Now, if you're a progressive and you WISH to have your priorities...then now is the time to get it in gear, because you cannot do so by having purity tests of the party, and then wonder why nothing gets done.
11:14 PM - May 28, 2023
A
thread 7/7
Bluntly, if you wish to let perfect be your criteria for progress...then I've some news for you. It isn't and you're going to be in for a world of disappointment. YOU have to put in the work just the same as everybody else.
11:15 PM - May 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}