Sassy Musing
A
thread 1/7
Here's a truth that the progressives need to understand. The only way you'll ever get everything you want, you will need 2/3 Progressives in the US House and 2/3 Progressives in the US Senate.
12:04 AM - May 29, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
thread 2/7
That's what would be needed to overturn a Presidential veto, unless the President is also Progressive. That's how you get every single thing you want. If you want to live in the real world, then you understand that compromise is how bills get passed.
12:06 AM - May 29, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
thread 3/7
What you are either failing to understand or are determined not to understand is that Biden actually gave VERY LITTLE away in his agreement with McCarthy. Pay attention to what was agreed to. If you don't want fascism in this country, you have to vote democrat.
12:08 AM - May 29, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
thread 4/7
If you want to stand on some unrealistic principle, then go ahead and throw your vote away. But I do not want to hear you say one thing about the fascists who get in office. We'll get to thank you for that.
12:09 AM - May 29, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
thread 5/7
This all or nothing is all GOP talk. I don't know why anyone else is ever buying into it. I don't think both sides have to be polarized. We need to get back to the days when EVERYONE was reasonable.
12:15 AM - May 29, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
thread 6/7
Yes, we definitely could and would. That's what I'm hoping for in 2024. We can fix a lot of the mess the Republicans have created.
12:40 AM - May 29, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
thread 7/7
Well, the student political arm/group (whatever they are) has already stated they're backing Biden. They are excellent at organizing. We just need to help them get people registered if they need it. Also getting people to polls when needed too.
12:48 AM - May 29, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
I think people generalize a lot about progressives. Many of us know full well that stopping fascism means voting Democrat down the line. Those who don't mostly aren't really progressives, just "anti-establishment" Kremlin lemmings.
12:36 AM - May 29, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
I'll add that while it wouldn't be 100% (no one ever gets that, because nobody agrees with anybody on everything), we could get A HELL OF A LOT with White House plus House plus 50 RELIABLE Senate seats. Which is a very attainable goal.

Voting rights.
Codify Roe.
ERA.
Gun control.
SCOTUS reform...
12:38 AM - May 29, 2023
RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
It seems we both weren't playing this game here. If anything, we both have similar thoughts on this.
12:12 AM - May 29, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
thread 1/7
This all or nothing is all GOP talk. I don't know why anyone else is ever buying into it. I don't think both sides have to be polarized. We need to get back to the days when EVERYONE was reasonable.
12:15 AM - May 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}