Thorahh hotcoffeeandpie
A
thread 1/10
This is a thread about a strange experience in the middle of the night in Topanga Canyon.
1/12
10:44 PM - May 30, 2023
Thorahh hotcoffeeandpie
A
thread 2/10
2/12 #ThreadChallenge In 1982 my son and I lived in a very tiny one room apartment. I slept on a loft under a skylight. I woke up one night with the full moon shining in my eyes; night blooming jasmine filling our home with an unbearably beautiful fragrance.
10:46 PM - May 30, 2023
Thorahh hotcoffeeandpie
A
thread 3/10
3/15 I felt a deep calm and sat up in bed, but tears were streaming down my face.
I had a practice of talking to guides in a sanctuary in my imagination, so I went there to ask them what these tears were about. I saw the usual ball of light with a figure in it walking down the path.
10:47 PM - May 30, 2023
Thorahh hotcoffeeandpie
A
thread 4/10
But as he got closer, I was surprised - not one of my guides but Baba Muktananda. I knew him, but I was not a student of his.

'What are these tears? What are you here to tell me?'

'Old sorrow is leaving you, it's time to move more fully into your life's work.'
10:49 PM - May 30, 2023
Thorahh hotcoffeeandpie
A
thread 5/10
To be honest, his suggestions about my life's work were so much like what I always told myself...I was tired by then, amused I'd created 'The Mighty Mook' in my imagination. I drifted off to sleep on a cloud of Jasmine.

#ThreadChallenge
10:50 PM - May 30, 2023
Thorahh hotcoffeeandpie
A
thread 6/10
My rent was due the next day. Joshua and I drove up the canyon to my landlord's. I usually just walked into his office to hand him a check and say hello, but the moment I opened the door, his girlfriend Sandy rushed over and gently pushed us back out.
#ThreadChallenge
10:51 PM - May 30, 2023
Thorahh hotcoffeeandpie
A
thread 7/10
"Don't even try to speak to Steve. He's very upset. Muktananda died last night"
"I...uh...well...Sandy, I woke up with tears flooding out of my eyes for no reason, and
I guess Muktananda sort of appeared to me. I should tell Steve..."

#ThreadChallenge
10:53 PM - May 30, 2023
Thorahh hotcoffeeandpie
A
thread 8/10
"No. No you shouldn't. Maybe never. Steve would be very hurt. That was Shaktipat, which devotees all wish for and almost no one receives."
Sandy seemed pretty hurt herself. I hadn't known either one of them were devotees of Muktananda. I gave her my rent check, and Josh and I left.
10:55 PM - May 30, 2023
Thorahh hotcoffeeandpie
A
thread 9/10
Later, other residents of our building told me that Steve had been a devotee for years, and Muktananda had lived in our apartment .
10:57 PM - May 30, 2023
Thorahh hotcoffeeandpie
A
thread 10/10
This is a true story. It left me with many unanswered questions. I did not become a Muktananda devotee.  I am an agnostic and I'm happy with unanswered questions. I hope you are as well.

#ThreadChallenge
10:58 PM - May 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}