Bowerydoll
A
The Tulsa race massacre rampage began yesterday in 1921 & ended today. I've read estimates of over 300 Black citizens were murdered by the white marauders & cast aside like trash. Homes looted. Lives forever changed. There are only several survivors left. Honor them. Never forget🔥 #BlackSpoutible
06:17 PM - Jun 01, 2023 (Edited)
J.D. Cunegan
A
In response to Bowerydoll.
White people worked so hard to keep Black people separate, then, when Black people built their own societies and thrived in them, white people destroyed it all. It's almost like white people have historically not considered Black people as human beings or something.
06:20 PM - Jun 09, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to J.D. Cunegan.
The myth of white supremacy in this world has always positioned melanated peoples as inferior, subhuman and uncivilized -- ever since the construct of race took root and poisoned the world. White jealousies & aggrievement have always been at the heart of these pogroms, lynchings & massacres🔥
06:29 PM - Jun 09, 2023
2tonshorty
A
One of the survivors was interviewed on The 1619 Project, I was in tears.
06:39 PM - Jun 01, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to 2tonshorty.
🖐🏾❤🔥
06:41 PM - Jun 01, 2023
Vicki with an eye
A
I ordered this book yesterday, looking forward to reading it.
https://www.penguinrandomh...
06:36 PM - Jun 01, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Vicki with an eye.
Absolutely brilliant. It's heartening to see the stories being remembered and told. The bigoted GOP would rather see history like this suppressed and forgotten. So many lessons haven't been learned.
06:41 PM - Jun 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}