Christine Bernard
A
In all of my white life I've never come across a potato salad with raisins. My family recipe is creamy/chunky and bland-ish. I once mistakenly added sliced black olives packed with jalapeño bits and what an improvement! Raisins tho, that cannot be for real ...
02:32 PM - Jun 04, 2023
ann heffner
A
In response to Christine Bernard.
I've tried some odd things in potato salad, but never raisins. now sneak in a hint of pickle relish and I might be interested. Potato salad should be tangy, not sweet
02:37 PM - Jun 04, 2023
Steve Lang
A
In response to ann heffner.
my latest potato salad hack is to replace the pickle relish with some chopped pickled jalapeños. and a bit of their juice. brings the entire experience to a new level.
02:41 PM - Jun 04, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Christine Bernard.
my guess: raisins became widely available in us in 1912. while there were other ways to preserve fresh fruits, many weren’t available to city dwellers. so here’s an affordable, healthy food that doesn’t require ice. let’s put it into everything! this is hardly confined
02:37 PM - Jun 04, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
to white people & raisins. in recent years, it’s been all about adding sriracha and harissa to everything. in the 80s, it was pinenuts & sundried tomatoes. among artisanal types, it’s pickle ice cream & garlic frosted cupcakes. and fondue in the 70s! bread dipped in melted cheese was the basis
02:42 PM - Jun 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}