Blake Benzel
A
One thing I love about DMing is that my players so often have insights that I just don't see when I'm making the story, or the encounters. So often, as a DM, if you truly listen to your players at the table you can craft a narrative that's better than what you came up with 1/ #ttrpg #dnd #dnd5e
12:26 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Blake Benzel
A
In response to Blake Benzel.
In my new home game, for example, I'd set up an encounter. 3 sahuagin...And, because I wanted a little more of a challenge for my 5 level 1 players, 2 detached shadows that came off of 2 of the sahuagin. Immediately, my players started theorizing why 2/ #ttrpg #dnd #dnd5e
12:28 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Blake Benzel
A
One said, "I think, if we kill the sahuagin, the shadows will disappear." I hadn't thought of that, but I loved it. So I let it happen. Then, they started asking why the third didn't have a shadow attached. And now, that's become part of the narrative for next session. 3/ #ttrpg #dnd #dnd5e
12:29 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Blake Benzel
A
Just by not being rigid in my thinking, at the table, and by listening to what my players thought, their experience improved. That is collaborative storytelling. It's not a DM vs Players game. It's a group of friends telling an epic story together. 4/4 #ttrpg #dnd #dnd5e
12:31 PM - Feb 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}