True North
A
Those of us who vote blue have often refused to do business with companies that support the right wing causes & donate heavily to the republicans. We have alerted others to these corporations & have even suggested boycotts en masse. Why do some of these same people continue on with twitter?
04:52 PM - Jun 04, 2023
Katharyn B
A
In response to True North.
My question exactly.

And to add to this at risk of appearing overly preachy or self-righteous, this is also why at age 50+ I've become a vegetarian and drive a hybrid. I don't want to support the cattle and oil industries subsidized by GOP policies, so they can attack reproductive rights, etc.
05:11 PM - Jun 04, 2023
True North
A
In response to Katharyn B.
I'm with you, have done similar, and I'm a whole lot older than you. You can teach and old dog new tricks!
05:14 PM - Jun 04, 2023
HereWe GoAgain
A
Their audience is still there. I flip flop from here to there as some people I enjoy following are not on here yet. Notice the ‘yet’ 😀
05:08 PM - Jun 04, 2023
True North
A
In response to HereWe GoAgain.
I did the same for a time but I finally decided it just wasn't worth it. Some of my twitter people are on here but they spend their time on twitter so I rarely interact with them. I keep my twitter account open so I can share spouts that encourage them to change over and discourage them to stay.
05:20 PM - Jun 04, 2023
Regina Michele
A
To follow government accounts that are not here yet.
05:07 PM - Jun 04, 2023
True North
A
In response to Regina Michele.
That actually makes sense, but, what I have been doing is trying to encourage them through using their @ to jump over. I would do it through a DM but most of them are locked accounts.
05:12 PM - Jun 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}