Bedford Palmer II, Ph.D.
A
When right-wing politicians say “woke,” they are not just saying code for Black people. They are using woke as a stand-in for the N-Word.

It’s hate speech and needs to be treated that way.
01:30 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Courtney Kimmelman (she/her)
A
In response to Bedford Palmer II, Ph.D..
Marjorie Taylor Greene is the poster child of inbred Transphobic right wing Rednecks everywhere.
10:50 AM - May 04, 2024
Blair Houghton
A
I read it more as "N*-loving," in most contexts.
05:02 PM - Sep 05, 2023
Millicent Bolden
A
The rest of the world could do without MTG and her ilk. On their best days, they are #StraightOuttaWagonTrain .
01:16 AM - Aug 22, 2023
Alice Clearman
A
I think we owe her and those other wretched women of her ilk a debt of gratitude. They have shown us in dazzling hues that depth, breadth, and horror of racism, white victimhood, cruelty, wilful ignorance, greed, and lack of conscience is just as prevalent in women as it is in men.
05:41 AM - Feb 17, 2023
L. Jane Zucosky
A
I don’t understand why being “woke” or what I consider conscious is a bad thing. Why would anyone want to go through life asleep? Empathy and understanding bring us all together.
08:38 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to L. Jane Zucosky.
I have noticed, as have millions of others, that if a thinking, caring person states something, espcially if they use a word like woke, then those on the far right turn it around to mean something quite the opposite. I imagine they think they are clever, they just look stupid.
05:56 PM - Feb 18, 2023
Aida inNPT
A
Couldn't help but notice that all the Black performers came *before* the anthem. Thanks goodness to RiRi's half-time show. But then again that the half-time show is run by Roc Nation (owned by Jay-Z), not the networks and therefor not Fox.
08:11 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Stephen Wise
A
Yeah I didn’t understand at all what wokeness they referred too. They force these culture war issues in areas no one sees or understands but them.
06:50 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Y. C.
B
Speaking of things we can go without!!!!!
02:21 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Josol
A
I have said this ad nauseum- they have no idea what “woke” means!!! No one (especially the media) ever calls them out!!!!!
02:17 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Sonia C
A
Man she really pushes my buttons. I don’t believe in “hate@ and try to refrain from using the word, but she is really testing my resilience with her zealot ploys and uncouth actions. Marge, you ignorant slut.
02:17 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Zanetta_Inc
A
In response to Sonia C.
CO-SIGN
06:02 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Ken Robert
A
In response to Sonia C.
Thanks to folks like her, I no longer feel any shame for hating horrible people.
06:40 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Robin Markowitz
A
The term has become a slur.

I am awake and aware.
01:33 PM - Feb 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}