Jodi Harper
A
thread 1/4
As I’m watching #ShinyHappyPeople I now have an answer to why my father and stepmother raised us the way they did.
Prior to moving from Illinois to Florida, my parents were under investigation for child abuse and child neglect. My older brother had witnessed an alarming incident of abuse of me.
10:57 AM - Jun 06, 2023 (Edited)
Jodi Harper
A
thread 2/4
The name Bill Gothard is what made me realize that what my siblings and I endured, was in fact done on purpose.
The fact that there are other people who can relate to how we grew up is not something I saw coming. The fact that even to this day, I am in trauma therapy for Complex PTSD and it’s all
11:02 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Jodi Harper
A
thread 3/4
beginning to make sense. We hated our parents. We were not allowed to speak unless spoken too. We communicated by leaving notes for items we needed. Any communication between the parents and I was when I was being disciplined. Hanging on display at all times in our family room was the Board of Educa
11:05 AM - Jun 06, 2023
Jodi Harper
A
thread 4/4
cation. I continue to spend the time working to figure out who I am. But my heart hurts for my siblings and so many others who remain conditioned to be silent.
“What goes on in this house, stays in this house.”
11:09 AM - Jun 06, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}