ميجان the Librarian
A
thread 1/2
Apparently, I need a lot of therapy or the trauma I experienced 18 years ago will keep surfacing. I’m not a big fan of therapy. Bad experience
10:42 PM - Jun 06, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
thread 2/2
I spoke with a lovely person on the phone so that gives me hope but my last one was just bad. 🥴
11:00 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Dammit Gannet
A
In response to ميجان the Librarian.
Dunno if this would be helpful or not but here's a pair of fucking lovely therapists discussing how EMDR treatments can help us process trauma. Could perhaps assist in helping ya feel more confident in figuring out what you're looking for in your healthcare xxx
11:06 PM - Jun 06, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
In response to Dammit Gannet.
This is awesome. Thank you!
11:31 PM - Jun 06, 2023
hmmwrites (Heather's version)
A
I'm sorry - a bad therapist can do so much harm. I hope you can put that experience off to the side, so to speak, and find a therapist who's empathetic and helpful. I hope therapy (with an excellent therapist) is a gift you can give yourself...
10:49 PM - Jun 06, 2023
ميجان the Librarian
A
thread 1/2
I spoke with a lovely person on the phone so that gives me hope but my last one was just bad. 🥴
11:00 PM - Jun 06, 2023
Captain Renault
A
I would generally rather suffer life-threatening psychological pain thank see another therapist.

But if you can find some hope and get yourself in the door, it may be worth a try. I'm old and it's too late for me but I still hope for others.
10:44 PM - Jun 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}