J. D. Richards
A
thread 1/3
My first 2 books I stuck to AMZN's Kindle Create for ebooks and paperbacks (I preferred to stick to their universe for reasons that escape me). KC is giving me grief on book 3 losing symbols like "=" once loaded into KDP for PB only, ebook is fine. Dare I leave the Amazon garden?

#WritingCommunity
10:03 PM - Jun 04, 2023
J. D. Richards
A
thread 2/3
Kindle Create is an easy tool to work with, but I loathe not having control over basic layout for paperbacks (pagination, spacing, etc.). Now that I'm losing symbols from my manuscript?? Bye

The ebook previewer on KDP looks fine, but the paperback previewer for proofs shows they disappear.
#KDP
10:05 PM - Jun 04, 2023
J. D. Richards
A
thread 3/3
The email back from #Amazon says to ⚡simply⚡ upload my MS Word .docx file instead of the KC-generated .kpf for the paperback version instead. As if I haven't already done loads of formatting in #KindleCreate . Nope. If KC version looks fine and once in KDP it's messed up?

Anyone use #IngramSparks ?
10:10 PM - Jun 04, 2023
Shonel Jackson Author
A
Beware though, if you want to also use for paperbacks, there's a clash with Amazon because of your ISBN. If your ISBN is already being used on Amazon, they don't allow that. The point is, they need to be your main point of upload per book. So newly pub books are ok. Good luck!
In response to J. D. Richards.
01:40 AM - Jun 07, 2023
J. D. Richards
A
In response to Shonel Jackson Author.
Good to know, thank you!
09:48 AM - Jun 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}