Hector West
A
thread 1/6
If it makes anyone feels better, I’ve been here since the first wave (like, later in the day in day 1 I think? Maybe Day 2?) and I have just over 300 followers. Not an impressive number because, well, I’m not that impressive. I sometimes spout off to no reaction, sometimes to one or five or ten.
11:22 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Hector West
A
thread 2/6
Thing is, I already have more followers than any other social media site ever, and those other ones had people IRL and almost no randos from the internet. Now I’m a rando on the internet and have 300+ followers. And, for the record, I’m perfectly fine with how it is.
11:24 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Hector West
A
thread 3/6
I’m not here for the dopamine rush of constant notifications, although I admit it’s nice to have some from time to time. I’m not here to show off or become internet famous. I’m just a spectacularly mediocre middle aged dude who is struggling with the same shit everyone else is in my own way…
11:26 PM - Jun 07, 2023 (Edited)
Hector West
A
thread 4/6
…a dude who likes a good joke, appreciates dry humor, proper verbal shenanigans, some political news, footy banter, art, photography, and pretty much everything else people spout off about. I don’t get tense, or angry, or disgusted here. I may roll my eyes, but that’s usually about it.
11:35 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Hector West
A
thread 5/6
This is all to say, likely to just the few people who read this, that having a social media site like this—*not as a replacement for something else*— where 300 total strangers will take a chance and have a listen to the stupid shit that I’m into without needing to say something negative about it,
11:37 PM - Jun 07, 2023
Hector West
A
thread 6/6
is a blessing and I’m damned thankful it exists. Doubt anyone’s still reading, but if so, this thread’s for you. Many thanks. 🍻
11:38 PM - Jun 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}