Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/14
Several items within the Wired article contained factual inaccuracies. I wanted to address these items earlier. However, it took time to gather evidence, primarily because some events transpired in 2014.

It's perplexing that Wired's fact-checkers allowed the publication of erroneous information.
10:46 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/14
The journalist cited Joshua J. Bouw, AKA "Gritt." Regrettably, this individual provided the journalist with false information. In the article, he falsely claimed that a majority of those who purchased the Blackcoin card I created did not receive the cards. View the attached screenshots.
10:47 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 3/14
Surprisingly, the journalist never asked me to respond to this allegation. I would've provided Wired with screenshots of Joshua, and I was talking about the cards three years later in a Twitter DM, and Joshua stating A LOT of the hardcore Blackcoin guys still had their cards.
10:48 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 4/14
In Nov 2022, Joshua, AKA "Gritt," tweeted, "To my knowledge he hadn't scammed anyone (in regards to the Blackcoin cards)." Our DM exchange and his tweets contradict his statements in the Wired piece. I am shocked a journalist would cite a source who isn't credible and make contradictory statements.
10:49 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 5/14
It's true there were delays in manufacturing and delivering the cards because of my supplier in China. But once the cards were finally delivered, I began immediately shipping the cards. I still have the old shipping receipts in a box somewhere in the attic.
10:57 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 6/14
In regards to my "pocketing" donations, that is also false. I had agreed to do a Wall Street event, and we raised under $4000. When certain members of the community discovered my real name and that I was Black, they started attacking me and doxxed me several times. Joshua was also part of the group.
10:58 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 7/14
I called off the event and left the community. I tried to return the funds, but this was 2014, and crypto isn't like it is now. Many of the people who donated, donated from their crypto exchange wallets, and returning the funds was difficult. So I decided to donate the money to various charities.
10:59 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 8/14
Joshua eventually apologized to me in a (now-deleted tweet) for being part of the group that attacked me. Not only did this group attack me, but several people in the group used racial slurs. Years later, Joshua would call me "a pretty great guy." Once again, he contradicted his statements.
11:09 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 9/14
I have been in several documentaries and dozens of publications. No one has ever come forward with receipts showing I scammed them. Several journalists investigated this incident, and each never found any wrongdoing. Even the Wired journalist just quoted an unreliable source without any evidence.
11:11 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 10/14
The second issue is regarding the false claim that thousands of users' personal information was exposed. Not only is it factually incorrect, but I have also said publicly this never happened. It's true an unused API was unsecured for several hours, but thousands of users' emails were not exposed.
11:13 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 11/14
A troll claimed he accessed over 60k users' email addresses but never provided proof. At that time, we didn't have 60k users, so we immediately knew he was lying. We checked our server logs, and there was no evidence of his claim. He did access a handful of emails by entering usernames into our API.
11:15 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 12/14
During my interview with the journalist and the fact-checker, I made it clear we didn't have a data breach, so once again, I am perplexed as to why they would publish something without having proof. When they asked me to provide them with our number of users, I sent them proof.
11:16 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 13/14
I have no idea if Wired will correct the record. Still, I felt it was necessary to make this public because Wired shouldn't have allowed the piece to be published until specific allegations were corroborated by multiple sources, especially since it took them six months to publish this piece.
11:16 AM - Jun 08, 2023
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 14/14
I am not sure if Joshua read this thread or if he just feels guilty about what he told the journalist, but I am adding his recent DM to me here.
10:02 AM - Jun 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}