Benedict Scott
A
My hope for #Spoutible is to be a place of depth. I fear that social media elsewhere is all about defense. This is why Trump harmed news so much, and why click bait is so much worse. We can’t help but argue.

But, to move on, we need to find calmer interests. So please ask people questions and talk
04:49 PM - Feb 13, 2023 (Edited)
HRBWolfe
A
In response to Benedict Scott.
I agree that we need to learn about each other. We also need to have tough discussions. Liberals don't agree. And that is ok. It is alright to discuss possible solutions.

My disagreement with you doesn't mean I think you are worthless and I am better. You will teach me. I will teach you. Followe
04:53 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Benedict Scott
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
I also wish there was more emphasis on projects to solve specific issues. It's weird to me that in today's world we have startups that chase VC funding and revenue and then we have millions arguing online. Why aren't there more personal projects to convince people of arcane or less discussed ideas?
05:06 PM - Feb 13, 2023
HRBWolfe
A
Interesting idea. I would like to see VC funding on ending the homeless crisis, tackling environmental issues, solving police brutality...

If people can give to charity, can't they invest in solutions. I think they can. I think they would. Huge policy discussion needed for how.
05:10 PM - Feb 13, 2023
HRBWolfe
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
Did I miss your point though? Was there something else?
05:12 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Benedict Scott
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
I didn’t really have any specific point other than focusing on smaller projects without a need to become huge. Sometimes I wonder if the pursuit to “change the world” hasn’t just led to people chasing impossible dreams while ignoring the small, but significant, changes they could have made.
05:35 PM - Feb 13, 2023
HRBWolfe
A
There are problems with incentives in our society. I mean when you live in a culture that demands you see one another as competitors, people compete and revel in others' loses.
05:39 PM - Feb 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}