RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/7
Listen y'all...before y'all be dooming and glooming remember Voir Dire is a thing. The Government will make sure no MAGA/Trump fan ison the jury. Remember a MAGA hung a jury against Manafort on the remaining charges. The Government isn't taking this chance.
07:45 PM - Jun 08, 2023
A
thread 2/7
The purpose of Voir Dire is many fold. As I've heard it (and the lawyers of spoutible please correct me if I'm wrong) they're essentially mini-trials to hash out things like Jury selection, the Brady Rule, a witness conflict, etc. The Jury is usually not in the room for other than selection.
07:46 PM - Jun 08, 2023
A
thread 3/7
Is it possible that a Trump supporter/MAGA make it onto the Jury to muck things up...yes. Is it also possible for a Trump Supporter/MAGA to follow the judges instructions, yes that is possible as well. Recall in Manafort's conviction a Trump fan followed the rules and evidence, the MAGA didn't.
07:47 PM - Jun 08, 2023
A
thread 4/7
The upcoming state and Federal cases coming up are in good hands with a good team of Bragg for NY County (Manhattan), Fani WIllis for Fulton County (Atlanta), finally Jack Smith for the US Government (DOJ). Their burden of proof is the highest, beyond all reasonable doubt.
07:57 PM - Jun 08, 2023
A
thread 5/7
Also keep in mind that under the Constitution, Trump and his Cronies are afforded the same benefit of the doubt of being innocent until proven otherwise. If we're a country of the rule of law, we MUST recognize this fact.
07:58 PM - Jun 08, 2023
A
thread 6/7
Also keep in mind that all three have been since 2021 since Trump was looked into from all angles. They must make sure they have ADMISSIBLE concrete evidence to bring to the Jury.
08:00 PM - Jun 08, 2023
A
thread 7/7
In total, do please calm down and remember that Smith, Bragg, and Willis have everything under control. What we can do in the meantime is to get people registered to vote, and vote in all elections. Justice and freedom is an all-in team sport.
08:01 PM - Jun 08, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
They'll do their best, but I don't think they actually can ask jurors who they voted for and then exclude them on that basis (secret ballot).

They can ask questions like "Do you support QAnon" (that was apparently asked of jurors in the Trump civil trial for r*pe).
07:46 PM - Jun 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}