RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/8
Okay folks, I feel I need to get this off my chest in a long-form study, because the doomers and the defeatists are out in full force. First...concerning the indictments...the DOJ will find 12 impartial people (with alternates) to try this case, and to present the evidence. That much is true.
08:48 PM - Jun 10, 2023
A
thread 2/8
Remember, the DOJ must have made a Prima Facie to A) get the search warrants to the judge and B) to get the grand jury to indict. That is that's the lowest burden of proof for them, and they have more than met that proof.
08:50 PM - Jun 10, 2023
A
thread 3/8
Also remember that Aileen Cannon is a non-starter here. There's no need to get worried, agitated, scared, upset, doomer, or defeated. She's already proven herself to be toxic and prejudiced in favor of Trump (a lot more than is allowed under the Constitution).
08:51 PM - Jun 10, 2023
A
thread 4/8
Under the Constitution, and for the Rule of Law to be enforced, all defendants are considered innocent until proven guilty by a jury of their peers. Remember a Grand Jury doesn't use a Voir Dire process since that's not a trial function, but an investigative function.
08:53 PM - Jun 10, 2023
A
thread 5/8
That is, once all evidence is presented, the Grand Jury has two choices, to indict (send a true bill) or to not indict (no true bill). It also requires just a minimum of 12 jurors to say to indict. Though it's rare for a regular grand jury to no bill a prosecution.
08:54 PM - Jun 10, 2023
A
thread 6/8
Back to Cannon, y'all need to remember, she's already well-known to the DOJ and the 11th Circuit (which is located in Atlanta Georgia, and was split from the 5th Circuit). The 11th Circuit slapped down Aileen Cannon when she tried to insert authority where she had none.
08:55 PM - Jun 10, 2023
A
thread 7/8
Cannon can (likely will) be asked to step down by the DOJ in their filings, and they have more than enough ammo to make her step down. If she doesn't, then they can easily go to Atlanta and ask for it...and by their rules, they must do so quickly.
08:58 PM - Jun 10, 2023
A
thread 8/8
Remember, being afraid of your own shadow won't bring changes, nor will it help things. The best thing you have to do is educate yourself on how things work, and to use logic and deductive reasoning. That's the best way to fight against these ill feelings.
08:59 PM - Jun 10, 2023
Cyndi Brown
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
Don't forget the benefits of being sequestered.
Free chow and a hotel bed for the duration.
I'm a happy camper because I know how things work.
04:58 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Knit vs Purl
A
And if some people are unwilling to do any of those things, or still believe that all is doom & gloom after doing so, then those people should have a seat & be patient, as many of us have told you to do since 2021. DOJ will see this through.
03:11 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Bev Turner
A
Appreciate this. Thank you.
02:56 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Mlb Anx
A
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We need to keep calm and continue deman, and expect, justice.
02:51 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Joan Gallo-Silver
A
Thank you for this thoughtful thread. Before I read the entire thing, I was writing a spout about Aileen Cannon and how she could rule in Trump's favor. You made me feel a lot better!🙋
02:44 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
Thank you so much.

Man, do I love a voice of reason that's positive and comes with receipts!
11:07 PM - Jun 10, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}