Pam Sourelis
A
thread 1/3
This crap going around about Rachel Maddow wanting TFG to be pardoned really needs to stop. This place feels like Twitter today.

She made the massively well-researched podcast Bag Man about Nixon's VP, Spiro Agnew, who was a frickin' crook. He was indicted on over 40 federal counts.
09:59 PM - Jun 10, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
thread 2/3
He was offered a plea deal. The indictment would go away, but he could never, ever run for public office again. Maddow was wondering if TFG would want a plea deal.

Personally, I don't care if he's in jail. I just never want him in a position of power again.

A plea deal is NOT a pardon.
10:02 PM - Jun 10, 2023
Pam Sourelis
A
thread 3/3
If you haven't listened to Maddow's award-winning podcast Ultra, you might want to do that. No way in hell she wants to pardon fascists.

Seriously, stop it.
10:03 PM - Jun 10, 2023
Texpat Nutmegger
A
In response to Pam Sourelis.
AGREE! #Maddow has been covering #DJT criminal behavior on a weekly (often daily) basis since 2015 - she definitely doesn't want him to be pardoned.
It seems realistic that he will never serve time (due to being POTUS) but preventing him from every holding any office again is just as effective.
02:19 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Tim Graf
A
In response to Texpat Nutmegger.
I don't agree that it doesn't seem realistic that he would serve time. Assuming he lives long enough to survive the various trials, he would probably be held in a "club fed" facility. Regardless, your point about not being able to hold office again is well taken.
05:08 PM - Jun 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}