Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
I checked your Twitter account using Wayback, and you only had 1,226 followers despite creating your account in 2009. You have 1,749 Spoutible followers, and your account is only four months old. Moreover, your tweets received zero interactions. So did you also feel this way about Twitter?
Ed Lynch @goatburgler
Short-term engagement is not a problem, it's fleeting. I deleted Twitter (same handle) after 14 years b/c I'd like to be all-in here. But whereas other networks feel like I am getting more than I put in, this seems opposite. Diminishing returns? I don't have the expertise to quantify these things.
08:59 AM - Jun 11, 2023
09:16 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Ed Lynch
A
Twitter lets you know when your retweets are engaged with, plus many other differences that FEEL more engaging. Again, this is your thing and you can run it any way you want and I don't have the expertise to quantify the feelings. But yes, Twitter felt far more engaging. I don't know why.
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
09:22 AM - Jun 11, 2023
Tim Graf
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
I think perhaps it may have been because of the algorithm(s) there. Once they figure out what you want, they cater to your tastes specifically, so it can feel more personal to you. Without the algorithm(s), it can be a bit harder to find your niche and your "family" on here.
12:12 AM - Jun 12, 2023
Deb
A
In response to Ed Lynch.
I haven’t felt a lot of engagement on Twitter since about 2008. It got all about the follows and retweets and stopped being about the fun.
06:07 PM - Jun 11, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
In response to Deb.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
09:03 PM - Jun 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}