Texpat Nutmegger
A
Check-in - I have nearly 800 followers on #Spoutible in just 4 months, an avg of 200 per month. While many of you don't interact with me on a regular basis, I'm finding that the engagement here is MUCH better than the #birdapp .
Bonus - I'm much less stressed since deleting #Twitter 2 weeks ago!
02:07 PM - Jun 11, 2023
D Nelson
A
In response to Texpat Nutmegger.
I do miss ads and sports videos.. and bigger fonts
05:29 AM - Jun 20, 2023
Texpat Nutmegger
A
In response to D Nelson.
There's always YouTube and Instagram for ads, videos, and format differences. I'm finding that no single site has everything, but #Spoutible is much less toxic than the others. Also, Chris' team actually listens to our input and they make improvements frequently.
08:21 AM - Jun 20, 2023
Steph
A
Fellow Nutmegger here!
09:34 PM - Jun 19, 2023
Texpat Nutmegger
A
In response to Steph.
Hi, thanks for the comment and the follow. Following you back 😀
08:24 AM - Jun 20, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
a texan in ct?! do you like it? i’m a suburban nyer who has loved ct all my life. have lots of friends all over the state. are you there permanently? do you miss tx? do you find ct visually more appealing?
12:23 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Texpat Nutmegger
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
My first 20 years were in Texas. CT is now my 4th state. There are things I love, like the scenery, but the roads are crap and it takes forever to get anywhere because the roads can't handle the traffic.
It's also hard to make friends or date here.
I won't go back to TX until the politics shift.
12:56 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Texpat Nutmegger
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
I do love how close CT is to get to NYC or RI, MA, etc. And the restaurants are much better than when I first moved here.
The cost of living is insane though, so I can't retire here. Need to find a blue state with a low cost of living and I'm not sure that exists.
01:00 PM - Jun 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}