Portia McGonagal
A
Happy #loving Day. 56 years ago today, #scotus affirmed the right for Mildred and Richard Loving and other interracial couples to legally marry in all 50 states. My marriage was made possible because of them. Loving was cited in Obergefell, which affirmed the right of people like my son to marry.
10:47 AM - Jun 12, 2023
beverly bochenek
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
This is also my marriage. I am going to share this on my Facebook page because that's where the conservatives I know hang out and they don't think it's a big deal there are laws suggested making same sex and interracial marriage illegal.
01:20 PM - Jun 12, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
In response to beverly bochenek.
I've also had to remind an Asian-American friend that her marriage is subject to any laws to dissolve. SCOTUS giveth, but SCOTUS can also taketh away and if these people get more power...
10:55 AM - Jun 13, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
I love that their last name is Loving 💜 Happy Loving Day to you and yours, Portia!
01:08 PM - Jun 12, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
In response to indie perfume lover.
It's like it was meant to be THE case!
10:56 AM - Jun 13, 2023
eTrix☮️❤️?
A
It’s shocking that judges have to approve a marriage between people. I understand that essentially marriage is transactional traditionally, it’s just infuriating.
This is my marriage too. Makes me sad.
01:04 PM - Jun 12, 2023
Love Miracles
B
The day love won!
11:55 AM - Jun 12, 2023
Indigo
A
#HappyLovingDay ! This wonderful day afforded my parents the right to wed and bring into the world me and my siblings. Thank you to Mildred and Richard Loving 😊🙏🏾🫶🏾 #eternallygrateful
11:06 AM - Jun 12, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
In response to Indigo.
Happy Loving Day to you all!
11:10 AM - Jun 12, 2023
Craig Wiesner
A
My husband and I speak at a Jesuit university on our lives and marriage equality every semester and always give Mildred Loving the last word as you'll see in another comment from me. Her words supporting marriage equality just before she died in 2007,
11:03 AM - Jun 12, 2023
Craig Wiesner
A
"I am proud that Richard's and my name is on a case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, black or white, young or old, gay or straight seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That's what Loving, and loving, are all about."
11:02 AM - Jun 12, 2023
Angela
A
Happy Loving Day!!!!! I'm so happy you were able to marry the love of your life (which in turn gave me the same) and to bring your son into this world. Bless you all!
10:49 AM - Jun 12, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
In response to Angela.
I think it's so fitting that Loving Day falls during Pride month!
11:12 AM - Jun 12, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}