HRBWolfe
A
I just saw an account say that she sees a lot of hate on Spoutible even without RWNJs.

Extreme rightwingers have been pretending to be Liberals online for over 8 years. Pretending to be Liberal to start intragroup arguments is a tried and true propaganda practice.
08:17 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Alan Smith
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
True, but I think she was also suggesting that a lot of the early discourse over here feels tribal, like the discourse ::gestures vaguely at the past:: which, fair enough - it’s been beaten into us, and might take some time to unlearn. I hope that unlearning happens here!
08:23 PM - Feb 13, 2023
HRBWolfe
A
In response to Alan Smith.
My point was not that Liberals are without hate, but that extreme rightwingers are likely present.
08:28 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Alan Smith
A
In response to HRBWolfe.
Yeah, I got you! And I think it was a point well made. I was just trying to extend beyond that and since (I think it was?) you were posting about the word evil, kinda tease out the different ways in which dialogue can go south on social media.
10:33 PM - Feb 13, 2023
Alan Smith
A
You are probs right - not everyone is who they seem! But also, like, mostly the rank and file democratic left circulates memes and thinks their opponents are some version of evil (and, shit, I agree with 'em) like the republican right does (and, shit, they be WRONG).
10:35 PM - Feb 13, 2023
HRBWolfe
A
Valid.
10:45 PM - Feb 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}