Gordon Price
A
thread 1/8
Never in my life have I seen a dog this scared. Recent arrival from Kherson I assume. I’m going to be sitting with him for a while. Thankfully in the 15 minutes since I took that photo, he moved to a more sheltered place and has actually fallen asleep! 🎉 #DogsOfSpoutible #DogsOfUkraine
05:52 AM - Jun 13, 2023 (Edited)
Gordon Price
A
thread 2/8
On a related note, Sunday I finally made my own leash, to address some things I have learned using the various leashes at the shelter. 6mm paracord, with a small loop handle sized for a thumb grip.
05:56 AM - Jun 13, 2023
Gordon Price
A
thread 3/8
Used it three times Monday, and as I came in for a fourth dog, Masha, the shelter Manager, saw me and blurted “can I have that rope?!” In a near panic. I didn’t know what for but said sure, it was obviously super important. Found out later they had a very aggressive Alabai at the vet.
05:58 AM - Jun 13, 2023
Gordon Price
A
thread 4/8
And my rope went into fabricating on the spot this much needed catch pole. Never so glad to sacrifice a hand craft as when Masha told me that as she handed over this dog to my care.
06:00 AM - Jun 13, 2023
Gordon Price
A
thread 5/8
And this is how our scared boy is doing. Out like a light, and breathing back to normal from the panicked gasping of earlier. Best thing for him is a little shut eye.
06:03 AM - Jun 13, 2023
Gordon Price
A
thread 6/8
Back from the vet. His hips are broken. 🥺 Must have been tumbled hard by the flood. Hoping for treatment soon, but at least tranquilizer/resting now.
08:37 AM - Jun 13, 2023
Gordon Price
A
thread 7/8
Been a long time since I posted about this guy, but I thought I would give an update. His hips are doing better, he taught me a better way to move dogs between boxes, and he has learned to let me lock the door to the room, let him out to wander and toilet while I clean, then go back in his box.
11:47 AM - Aug 11, 2023
Gordon Price
A
thread 8/8
He sniffs the other dogs in their boxes, and even sniffed my hand on my last day at Dvorsyashkam Dom. I will be back there to walk some special dogs tomorrow, and I will check on Brown too.
11:51 AM - Aug 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}