Professor Kyle
A
Which begs another question (one that was beat to death on Twitter, but what the hell....): What's a song where you like a cover version better than the original?
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
I've always loved this song, but the Townes version is maybe better than the Stones.
Townes Van Zandt - Dead Flowers (Official Audio) - YouTube

"Dead Flowers" from Townes Van Zandt's album Roadsongs Listen/Purchase: https://TownesVanZandt.lnk.to/RoadsongsAlbumIDLyrics: And when you're sitting there I...

09:33 PM - Jun 12, 2023
09:46 PM - Jun 12, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
Give me Patsy Cline's cover of Crazy any d*mn day! (Sorry, Willie.)

And you all out there saying Metallica's cover of Turn the Page over Bob Seger, wtf is wrong with you? 😱😂🤣
Crazy - YouTube

Provided to YouTube by Believe SASCrazy · Patsy Cline · DR · DRCrazy: 62 classics (The Ultimate Collection)℗ Puzzle ProductionsReleased on: 2014-01-01Auto-ge...

In response to Professor Kyle.
05:17 PM - Jun 13, 2023
Participation Trophy Wife
A
In response to indie perfume lover.
You are 100% correct on both counts.
06:44 PM - Jun 13, 2023
just alex
A
Ok. I deserve that. 😔
I should have qualified. It’s a good cover (imo) but I wholeheartedly agree, it’s not better than Seger’s.
05:45 PM - Jun 13, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to just alex.
Ha! We forgive you! They're both great, but Seger's is an all timer.
05:50 PM - Jun 13, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
In response to just alex.
Oh you weren't the only one, a couple others were onboard that trainwrec...er I mean...take 😂🤣 Clarification accepted.... 😊
09:08 AM - Jun 14, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
Agreed on all counts!! Both Patsy's & Bob's songs are eternal classics.
05:30 PM - Jun 13, 2023
indie perfume lover
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
I'm not a big C&W fan, but I love Patsy Cline. Owen Bradley was a great producer, k.d. lang got to work with him before the bigots ran her out of the genre, and made a great album, Shadowlands.

As for Mr Seger and TtP, it should be a crime for some songs (and some movies) to be remade. Js.... 🤣
09:17 AM - Jun 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}