Chris Kenyon
A
https://wjla.com/news/offbeat/vegan-familys-meaty-request-to-neighbors-shut-windows-while-cooking-me...

This is absolutely ridiculous. They are overstepping their boundaries. I still love the smell of meat being cooked
12:34 PM - Jun 15, 2023 (Edited)
Marilu Dempsey
A
They should talk to the neighbors 1st and not via FB.
As a vegan, I get it. The smell of grilling meat makes me queasy. I move as far away as possible. Maybe they close their window and they talked to their neighbors w/ no relief. Asking neighbors to close a window is not a huge ask, IMO
In response to Chris Kenyon.
12:49 PM - Jun 15, 2023
Myra Faye Turner
A
In response to Marilu Dempsey.
I'm not closing my window because a vegan neighbor doesn't like the smell of meat. And I'm likely to slam my door in your face if you ask me.
01:05 PM - Jun 15, 2023
Marilu Dempsey
A
In response to Myra Faye Turner.
Would you for a loved one or family member or if someone you care about says it makes them feel sick?
Just confused by the anger.
02:11 PM - Jun 15, 2023
Chris Kenyon
A
In response to Marilu Dempsey.
Ok, let’s say you didn’t like the smell of curry. Would you tell a Jamaican or Indian neighbor to close their windows when cooking with curry?
12:58 PM - Jun 15, 2023
Marilu Dempsey
A
I offered you my gas powered generator after the hurricane last year and we were w/o power for 5 days.
I gave you an antenna to use so you could watch TV when we got electric but still no internet.
06:45 PM - Jun 15, 2023
Marilu Dempsey
A
You are one of the nicest people I know, so I think you would be apologetic. Maybe nothing changes, but you would be considerate and SO WOULD I!
After said hurricane, you ran the generator on your back patio. The gas smell came in through my windows and I closed my windows. We are neighbors.
06:48 PM - Jun 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}