Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
You know what's sad is I am rooted in the music of the 50' 60's & 70's which was stolen from the Blues masters. So my downfall is very little of new music resonates with me, it's just not what I know. I don't "feel" it in the same way. I have tried but it just does nothing for me.
Myles Higgins ? @Myles_Away
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
07:55 PM - Jun 15, 2023
08:05 PM - Jun 15, 2023
YouCantFixStupid
A
In response to Jay Carpenter🎸🎶.
Same here. I have a hard time getting past the 70’s in music. There are some really talented artists out there with great music. Just can’t get into the new stuff as a whole.
08:10 PM - Jun 15, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
No kidding, so much of 60/70's rock is based off the blues masters of the 30/40/50's. I have spent the last few years going back to those roots and learning about that music, how to play it and the very simple theory behind it. It explains why so much of the rock we love comes from those roots.
In response to YouCantFixStupid.
08:15 PM - Jun 15, 2023
YouCantFixStupid
A
In response to Jay Carpenter🎸🎶.
Elvis comes to mind.
08:19 PM - Jun 15, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
In response to YouCantFixStupid.
Yep some of his biggest hits were covers of blues standards. A lot of the music he wrote went no where for him. Other hits he had were written with someone else in mind by the writer who ended up not wanting it. Elvis was recording in a time when record co wanted proven song writers & hits.
08:26 PM - Jun 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}