Bad Hombre Resistor
A
Well-meaning people will defend Mexican-Americans by pointing out construction, landscaping, and house-cleaning jobs. I have worked in IT for 30 years, most of my Hispanic friends have degrees, work at desk jobs, or are military and first-responders.
King Lavender-licous @BMWillz
What's one misconception about your community/demographic that you'd like to clear up?

What's one thing, above all else, you would like others to walk away knowing.

Please respond by quoting. The information is too important to hide in the comments. I and others will echo.
01:56 PM - Jun 17, 2023
06:08 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Used ToBeGop
B
In response to Bad Hombre Resistor.
I worked in a bank. The people who had money/savings were the Mexican-Americans. By far more money. #truth
09:52 PM - Jun 17, 2023
SenorPena
A
In response to Bad Hombre Resistor.
Chicano Boomer here! I am proud of my family upbringing! We ALL did what we had to do to contribute as youngsters…picking (fruit/vegetables/cotton) paper routes, gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores, etc… & oh yeah - retired after almost 30 years in data telecommunications! #SiSePuede !
06:43 PM - Jun 17, 2023
Bad Hombre Resistor
A
In response to SenorPena.
Oh yeah, I painted a lot of houses and repaired roofs with my dad and uncle while saving up for college back in the day, and I waited on tables for 3 years while at Notre Dame. Go Irish! Class of '94
06:49 PM - Jun 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}