Wojciech Kałuża
A
Does anyone else sometimes get the last few characters chopped off from a spout that's close to but not over the 300 char limit?

The first time it happened, I thought I pressed "send" prematurely.

But it's happened twice now.
I know what I saw.
I'm not crazy.

#civicbugreport
#bugreport
05:24 AM - Feb 03, 2023
Helene Marcy
A
In response to Wojciech Kałuża.
Yes, happened to me on the account I created for work—cut off the last character. Guessing the bugs will be fixed soon!
12:58 PM - Feb 03, 2023
Wojciech Kałuża
A
In response to Helene Marcy.
A-ha, vindication! Thank you.

FWIW, I found that you can copy the post to clipboard just before sending, and then paste it again as an edit if it had come out truncated. This seems to work as expected. The downside is that you're burning your one edit and you have to notice that something is amiss.
01:06 PM - Feb 03, 2023 (Edited)
CarbonHal
A
The spout character count is buggy. Ive had spouts lt 300 getting counted gt 300. (DBCS issue? Emoji?)

Also be careful using > and < signs !
09:57 AM - Feb 03, 2023
Wojciech Kałuża
A
In response to CarbonHal.
Eating chars is not just char count. I can write something, copy to clipboard, post it, and if it appears truncated, I can literally edit and paste the original version and it works. That's what happened here (missing full stop was there to begin with, I swear): https://spoutible.com/thread/102303
10:03 AM - Feb 03, 2023
CarbonHal
A
The spout character count is buggy. Ive had spouts 300. (DBCS issue? Emoji?)
09:34 AM - Feb 03, 2023
CarbonHal
A
In response to CarbonHal.
yup! that is not what i posted!
09:35 AM - Feb 03, 2023
Oh Mai Mai
A
I haven't noticed this, but I've only been here a few hours! 🤪

FYI, I'm half Polish. I come from the Kopanko, Kwapinski, and Chrapliwy lines. Miło cię poznać.
08:49 AM - Feb 03, 2023
Wojciech Kałuża
A
In response to Oh Mai Mai.
O, również jest mi miło Cię poznać!

This may well have been the first exchange in Polish on Spoutible. Making history, so we are. 😊

The missing chars problem is intermittent. I'm not going to make any more noise about it. There are bigger fish to fry, and there's the edit button to mitigate it.
09:00 AM - Feb 03, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}