Christopher Bouzy
A
A great Father's Day gift would be if everyone here would be kind to one another. We built Spoutible to be better than that other place, and you guys have the power to make that happen. If we can prove a social media platform can be toxic-free at scale, it will force other platforms to do better.💓
07:48 AM - Jun 18, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
this morning i was told my lived experience was wrong & that i had to be corrected. i told him to gf himself, then i blocked him. toxic or not?
10:43 AM - Jun 18, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
If its okay for me to share my perspective. I personally would not have blocked. My block list is extremely short because I don't believe in it unless its a troll or someone who spouted something that truly meets the definition of bullying. Its important we be open minded to differing ... 👇
In response to Barbara Edelman.
03:51 PM - Jun 18, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
this was the context.
05:10 PM - Jun 18, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
Interesting. In that case, I'm very sorry to hear you received a negative response to that. No marginalized group here should be targeted. As Chris said, let's be kind. It shouldn't be as hard as it sounds.
06:05 PM - Jun 18, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
perspectives. Spoutible includes a large presence of marginalized groups for good reason. They need a safe place to thrive. I don’t know the pretext of the conversation you were having with this person, but I suspect what they were trying to say is that as a white woman, you have lived a life 👇
03:52 PM - Jun 18, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
with many privileges that marginalized groups do not have. I would encourage everyone to meet this perspective with the empathy that it deserves, because its absolutely true. Unfortunately, what’s been happening a LOT is that a person conveying this message or a similar message maybe uses words 👇
03:53 PM - Jun 18, 2023 (Edited)
Barbara Edelman
A
your suspicion is incorrect.
05:11 PM - Jun 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}