M Kaur
A
Fact: Sikh temples (gurudwaras) all operate “langar” or community kitchens.
Misconception: these langars are only for the Sikh community.
Fact: anyone of any faith is welcome.

If there’s a gurudwara near you please let people dealing with food insecurity know they are welcome there anytime.
King Lavender-licous @BMWillz
What's one misconception about your community/demographic that you'd like to clear up?

What's one thing, above all else, you would like others to walk away knowing.

Please respond by quoting. The information is too important to hide in the comments. I and others will echo.
01:56 PM - Jun 17, 2023
07:52 PM - Jun 18, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
In response to M Kaur.
That's a good one.
10:20 PM - Jun 18, 2023
Rebecca
A
In response to M Kaur.
During the floods that hit the Vancouver area, the Sikhs were the backbone of the emergency response. They tirelessly cooked meals for airlift to drivers stranded by mudslides and for others who were in need. We’ve been lucky to have Sikhs as a major part of our communities for generations.
08:14 PM - Jun 18, 2023
M Kaur
A
In response to Rebecca.
I’m so glad to hear that! It’s super important to us to be able to contribute to our communities.
08:25 PM - Jun 18, 2023
Marie Guenther
A
In response to M Kaur.
I'm sorry that the Sikhs are so misunderstood. It seems to me that yours is a faith of loving kindness that embraces all people. I wish the same could be said of others.
07:58 PM - Jun 18, 2023
M Kaur
A
In response to Marie Guenther.
Thank you. We have our challenges that we need to work through like any community. But thankfully sharing food, especially during times of crisis, is something we are good at.
08:03 PM - Jun 18, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}