DrMHasOpinions
A
thread 1/8
Crazy story: a moose once trapped me in an old fashioned phone booth. It was Canadian.
Salma Typhii @Epidatageek
Moose always make me giggle (from a safe distance)
10:11 PM - Jun 18, 2023
10:23 PM - Jun 18, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
thread 2/8
I had gone on vacation with my BF and his mom; we were staying in some delightful cabins along a river near Banff. I suddenly remembered that I needed to call (LONG DISTANCE!) to schedule a STEP exam. I told them I'd be right back to join them for breakfast. I ran out across the lawn to the
10:47 PM - Jun 18, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
thread 3/8
freestanding all glass phone booth to make my call. I was intently writing down the directions begin given to me over the phone when I noticed something very large moving toward the booth from the edge of the forest. It was the biggest bull moose I had ever seen (and it wasn't the first).
10:48 PM - Jun 18, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
thread 4/8
I started stuttering to the woman on the phone, "It's a moose!" She, confused, said, no there are no moose at the test center. It was moving at a rather aggressive trot right toward the phone booth and I had the panicked thought that maybe the moose was going to charge, break the phone booth, and
10:50 PM - Jun 18, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
thread 5/8
stomp me into little pieces. I was practically shrieking by this time and was running out of money for the call. I quickly finished and about that time the moose stopped about 5 feet from the booth. I looked over to the cabin porch, about 50-60 feet away and my BF & his mother were standing there in
10:52 PM - Jun 18, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
thread 6/8
complete shock. His mom was yelling (she's a yeller) and people were coming out of cabins. The moose just stood there staring me IN THE EYES, channeling orca power I guess. I was frozen, unable to move for fear of angering him. He seemed 15 feet tall, a monster of a moose. Then my quick-thinking BF
10:55 PM - Jun 18, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
thread 7/8
came out of the cabin with 2 pans and started clanging them together. The moose slowly turned his head and looked. I felt he was considering whether the BF should be stomped, regardless of the noise. After an intimidating stare, he turned and slowly so slowly ambled off. I waited till he was nearly
10:56 PM - Jun 18, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
thread 8/8
back at the woods before I threw the door open and dashed back to the cabin. In all that time, no one had the presence of mind to take a picture. And no one else thought he was 15 feet tall either. Buncha liars. It was huge.
10:58 PM - Jun 18, 2023
Marc Cowin
A
Was the moose Canadian...

...or the phone booth...

...makes a difference...
In response to DrMHasOpinions.
10:32 PM - Jun 18, 2023
DrMHasOpinions
A
In response to Marc Cowin.
Both.