Lucas Salas Oroño
A
Question: I am asking honestly, and seek to be educated, I may be ignorant on this or lack understanding.
Here goes: Isn't allowing trans women to perform in female sports an unfair advantage, given that in general men are stronger, faster, etc? Not always, but generally. Please do not attack me.
02:09 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Lucas Salas Oroño.
Trans women are not men. They are women. And if the IOC/NCAA/etc. test hormones and chemicals they will often find that trans women on meds do not have significantly more testosterone than cis women. And if that's the case, they should be allowed to complete. There is no unfair advantage.
06:25 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
For the sake of your argument, Wouldn't the associated hormone therapy negate any physical advantage of testosterone?

Spoiler: It's more complex than that and studies have shown it's not a genuine issue.
02:24 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Lucas Salas Oroño
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
this is why I am interested in having conversations like this. I don't know if hormone therapy would negate it enough. Someone just sent a link that was helpful. Willing and interested in learning more.
02:31 PM - Feb 14, 2023
My Account
A
Taking estrogen "levels the playing field" (I hate this phrase but am not eloquent enough to think of another metaphor). I've been told it makes trans women feel significantly weaker. Trans women have been playing alongside of cis women and haven't been dominating sports. 1/
02:15 PM - Feb 14, 2023
My Account
A
In response to My Account.
Even Lia Thomas hasn't consistently beaten her cis competition. More importantly, this type of gatekeeping hurts all women including cis women. Women, like men, have different genetic advantages over each other. Mike Phelps' body produces less lactic acid than most people and his limbs are longer. 2
02:23 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Mindy!!!
A
No. The only reason women are kept from competing with men in sports is misogyny. It has never been about competitive fairness. Now the same bigots responsible for that are trying to claim they care about women's sports. They don't. It's a lie in service of anti-trans hate. Nothing more.
02:14 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Lucas Salas Oroño
A
In response to Mindy!!!.
I see your point. I'm sure you're right to a degree. Do you think it's that cut and dry?
02:33 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Jen Kirkman
A
there are many studies on this and the answer is that’s a myth. here’s but one article explaining. also money and socializing have a lot to do with ability more than gender assigned at birth. https://www.aclu.org/news/...
02:13 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Lucas Salas Oroño
A
In response to Jen Kirkman.
Thanks for sharing this by ACLU. It helps me too understand a little better. It obviously goes deeper than the way I was looking at it. This is why I'd like to be exposed more to trans people and have a conversation and ask questions, but am scared of saying the wrong thing & offend unintentionally
02:30 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Loki
A
yes.,. yes it is. If you go looking for it, there are some horrific examples of when it goes wrong. Studies be damned in this case, because it just does not pass the eye test. Especially for professional athletes and college athletes that recently transitioned.
02:12 PM - Feb 14, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}