The Spoutonian Film Club
A
06:50 AM - Jun 19, 2023
HumTeach
A
In response to The Spoutonian Film Club.
Sometimes you CAN actually lose money underestimating the taste of the American people. It's hard but not impossible.
08:27 AM - Jun 19, 2023
The Spoutonian Film Club
A
Yep, and too much of a good thing wears thin, especially if you’re just recycling.
In response to HumTeach.
08:50 AM - Jun 19, 2023
NathanJCaboose
A
Bad as this movie is, I think the biggest nail in the coffin is Ezra Miller's history of violence. Even if I liked the Snyderverse, there's no way I'm giving money to a movie starring a serial abuser.
09:10 AM - Jun 19, 2023
klotzilla
A
I think these superhero flicks that rely on multiverse as a plot device leave even fans somewhat cold. Spider-Man: No Way Home did it best and this Flash flick seems like copycatting.
09:05 AM - Jun 19, 2023 (Edited)
NathanJCaboose
A
In response to klotzilla.
It doesn't matter what you do so long as you have a good plot. No Way Home, the two animated Spider-Man movies, and Doctor Strange all had good stories that made it work.

Hollywood needs a "back to basics" moment to remember that story matters over all else.
09:12 AM - Jun 19, 2023
Jen The Muse
A
In response to klotzilla.
I love it in the Loki series though. It works.
09:44 AM - Jun 19, 2023
HumTeach
A
Hollywood stopped producing good things for my demographic a while back; we go to the movies once or twice a year. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy as they make more comic book drivel for the people who will come, and affluent older moviegoers stay home with streaming.

Pity.
08:55 AM - Jun 19, 2023
The Spoutonian Film Club
A
In response to HumTeach.
It appears the studios are unwilling to take a chance on anything or anyone new. A refresh on the reboot/remake model is necessary.
09:02 AM - Jun 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}