Bowerydoll
A
thread 1/2
Daily PSA to all white spouters:
Remember to watch how easy it feels for you to presume BIPOC folks need lessons in their own history. We are all-too-aware of who our ancestors were and the histories we descend from. Trying to teach us things we already know stinks of white privilege and (contd)
08:58 PM - Jun 19, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
thread 2/2
the need for you to be centered in your whiteness. If you're tired of being called out for it, just imagine how we feel to experience this mess on a regular basis.
09:00 PM - Jun 19, 2023
Cathy Briggs
A
In response to Bowerydoll.
I have spent time today watching documentaries, listening to the voices of survivors of race riots, the pain and emotion in descendents' and researchers voices. It has been a powerful moment for me. Just listen. Absorb.
11:14 PM - Jun 19, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Cathy Briggs.
🖐🏾❤🔥
11:29 PM - Jun 19, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
If you ever see me displaying the microaggressions you're discussing, please dont be hesitant to let me know I'm doing it. Please understand that I'm not doing it consciously and I'll only learn to be a better person if I'm confronted with it. I won't take offense or get angry if confronted with it.
10:43 PM - Jun 19, 2023
kyrssy #2024 #YearOfConvictions
A
I’m literally astonished that any white person would do this, but then I think of some of my relatives…I took over my Moms spot of family black sheep because they still don’t listen…oh well, I wear my mantle with pride. I found my tribe & will fight for them… #ProudBlackSheeper
09:12 PM - Jun 19, 2023
Bowerydoll
A
In response to kyrssy #2024 #YearOfConvictions.
It's a regular part of daily life and the diverse buffet of microaggressions folks of color experience, but it really has a way of weathering us all to hell. I'll never stay silent about calling it out. PS....Black sheep of the world -- UNITE IN OUR POWER🖐🏾🔥
09:14 PM - Jun 19, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}