True-Blue Spoutonian
A
Has anyone seen the ticket prices to the Beyoncé concert? Are people just throwing caution to the wind (not that she’s not worth it, but damn)? Am I being a tightwad?
10:27 AM - Jun 20, 2023
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell
A
In response to True-Blue Spoutonian.
Kurt Cobain was gobsmacked in 1994 that Madonna charged 50 dollars for a ticket to her concert. I can only imagine what he would think about ticket prices today if he was still with us.
11:44 AM - Jun 20, 2023
True-Blue Spoutonian
A
In response to ♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell.
$50 now are all of the administrative fees.
11:53 AM - Jun 20, 2023
Puckarama
A
I’ll add, Ms. Brooks, when you buy the album whether vinyl(preferred) or CD you can hold that living, breathing piece of art in your hands and play it as often as you like and even play for others when they visit.
11:24 AM - Jun 20, 2023
Puckarama
A
Sound quality listening to her albums will be better at home and you’ll have plenty left over for your favorite take-out and bottle of wine.
11:03 AM - Jun 20, 2023
Angie is Supercalifragilistic…
A
I wouldn’t pay that much for a ticket, but when I think about it, she has a lot of people to pay who are on the tour with her. The dancers and musicians that are on the stage, and the people behind the scenes who control the sound, the lights, props, all the special effects…💰💰💰
10:47 AM - Jun 20, 2023 (Edited)
True-Blue Spoutonian
A
In response to Angie is Supercalifragilistic….
Yep, I heard it’s about 500+ people on her tour. Phew!
10:49 AM - Jun 20, 2023
Jay Carpenter🎸🎶
A
No your are being responsible. Ticket prices are out of hand and it is a huge $ grab since the lock down ended. I had a pre-sale invitation for the winter classic hockey game next year. We could go to at least 3 maybe 4 games at the arena for what they want for 2 tix to the outdoor game. It's STUPID
10:42 AM - Jun 20, 2023
True-Blue Spoutonian
A
In response to Jay Carpenter🎸🎶.
I agree. I want to pay the artists, etc., a reasonable fee for their time and talent and service, but I’m not trying to pay someone’s monthly house note!
10:45 AM - Jun 20, 2023
Marie Jamison
A
LOL! I can't see spending more than $150 on a concert ticket. I'm GenX and I remember when $30 was a high price. There is nobody that would get me out of my house for a concert you can see partially on youtube.
10:35 AM - Jun 20, 2023
Josef Konrad
A
In response to Marie Jamison.
Some acts are still giving their fans a break, and I really hope that trend continues. I caught the Cure this weekend. My ticket cost $31 (Canadian) including fees. The seats were all the way across the venue, and I needed binoculars to see Robert Smith sing, but the sound was amazing.
10:44 AM - Jun 20, 2023
Lisa W FirstWave
A
In response to Marie Jamison.
I agree! Sometimes at $150 you are basically watching a big screen. I will watch it when it is released on YouTube like I watched Beyoncé before. I got to see it up close and it was a great concert.
10:47 AM - Jun 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}