Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
#Prochoice is a political term, not religious… long before I bailed on Catholicism, I understood the concept & necessity of separation of church & state, and also recognized the fact that not everyone is Catholic or Christian or even religious at all 🤷‍♀️

Never was a conflict in my head 🤷‍♀️
♿ ♀️ Laura Durnell @MSLauraDurnell
One of my Twitter mutuals asked me a few years ago how I can be Catholic and pro-choice? I said because denying health care to people who need it is not holiness. I also take the bigger view of reproductive justice with the choice to have a child or not have a child as only one part of RJ.
08:51 PM - Jun 20, 2023
09:10 PM - Jun 20, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Suzanne JaaaNONYA.
I'm a Catholic (though not actively going to church; long story) and also agree. Believing in choice just means you want it to be legal.

Simple thought experiment: a married couple (3 months pregnant) finds out the woman has cancer that's very treatable but the chemo will affect the fetus.
09:32 PM - Jun 20, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
Exactly. You don’t want one? Don’t get one. Encourage your family to avoid abortions if that’s your beliefs 🙏

But if you’re gonna tell me it should be illegal, I’ll prob tell you adultery should be illegal too then 👏 isn’t that one of the 10 commandments?

“Christians” dgaf about that one 🙄
09:48 PM - Jun 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}