Nik Farr
A
thread 1/5
Since this much cooler place won't host files as big as the dumb bird site, I have no choice but to link to a video there. It's a clip the Cure playing "Push" on Sunday night in Mansfield, MA! #showsofalostworld

https://twitter.com/nik_fa...
09:37 PM - Jun 20, 2023
Nik Farr
A
thread 2/5
I have to say, the Cure has always been kind to the Boston area. Robert was pretty chatty between songs, which is fucking rare. He even did a few goofy dances during songs where he wasn't playing an instrument.
09:40 PM - Jun 20, 2023
Nik Farr
A
thread 3/5
The rest of the band got into it, too. Simon struck rock guy poses that would rival Paul Simonon on the cover of the Clash's "London Calling" album, and the maestro Reeves Gabrels looked regal throughout (as well he should, given his history as a guitarist).
09:43 PM - Jun 20, 2023
Nik Farr
A
thread 4/5
Roger looked cool but maybe a little bored, as Roger often does (dude can shred on keys, so playing one-handed chords all night might be less than challenging).

Perry added really subtle touches, but some of the stuff he was doing was so cool in terms of texture! It was super cool to see him back.
09:46 PM - Jun 20, 2023
Nik Farr
A
thread 5/5
I'm saving my last Spout for the end. Listen, I KNOW Jason has been the new guy for like 30 years. I KNOW some fans think he overplays.

I don't care. They're wrong.

The guy who basically co-wrote "Burn" can, in my opinion, do no wrong. The dude simply rocks! He's incredible. Jason, I love you, man
09:50 PM - Jun 20, 2023
Nik Farr
A
In response to Nik Farr.
And I keep forgetting that hashtags are relevant again on this platform, so let's do this one right #TheCure
10:26 PM - Jun 20, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}