The Wendy Lady
A
This article was from 3 months ago. I’d love to say “I’m not sure why I’m only seeing this now.” But the truth is the reason why I’m only seeing this now is because the white media doesn’t think this is newsworthy.

Anyhoo, huzzah! This is phenomenal.
08:57 AM - Jun 21, 2023
Jonathan Sands
A
In response to The Wendy Lady.
The CDC estimates that there are approximately 100,000 Americans affected by Sickle Cell Disease (SCD). Over 250 million world wide with the gene. This could be incredible.
06:44 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Rosetta
A
This is excellent news! You’re right anything that is good news for Black people MSM won’t cover it.
06:26 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Ramsey, Queen of Popcorn®
A
This is fantastic news truly!!! 👏🏾👏🏾
12:03 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Susan Simon
A
I actually did hear it a while ago but then I gravitate to biomed news. Plus one of the tv med dramas used the basucs if the research for a plot line last season…don’t remember which one. Cheers for CRISPR
07:01 PM - Jun 25, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
Wow! This is great news. Seems to me I did see it, but not 3 months ago, maybe a month ago. Sad that it didn't get more attention, this gives hope to others who suffer from genetic diseases, not just Black people who suffer from Sickle Cell Anemia.
09:41 AM - Jun 21, 2023
The Wendy Lady
A
In response to Ellen Leigh.
You’re not wrong, however the point of my post was to point out the disparities in Black diseases.
Let’s keep the focus on the win for the Black community.
11:07 AM - Jun 21, 2023
Civil Canuck
A
She was first covered by NPR in Dec 2021, quietly. It's a damn miracle...courtesy of science. 😃 #CRISPR
09:33 AM - Jun 21, 2023
Dr. So-Called B
A
Wow!!!!!! Honestly, I didn't hear about this, but I will share so that others are aware. Thanks for your spout.
09:09 AM - Jun 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}