Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
As a soap opera fanatic, I agree with most of these. Special shout out to Marj Dusay because Alexandra Spaulding became everything after she took over the role. And Ron Raines as her brother Alan was a match made in hell.
11:29 PM - Jun 14, 2023
Kathy D.
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
BTW I was a soap opera fanatic too. Mostly in the 80s and 90s. Still watch every now and then #GH and #days .
12:28 AM - Jun 22, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Kathy D..
I don't watch anymore. I still know some of the GH characters. I don't recognize many people on DAYS. I stopped watching after One Life to Live got canceled. I'd lost a lot of good soaos, I'd been watching since I was a kid with my grandma, but that one hurt. Agnes Nixon is why I became a writer.
12:30 AM - Jun 22, 2023
Kathy D.
A
That's very cool! The writing was definitely waaaaay better back then.
12:36 AM - Jun 22, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Kathy D..
Oh, for sure. It's funny, of my 4 favorite female soap characters, Agnes Nixon created 3 on 3 different soaps. She was a very brilliant writer and creator. Also, she's local, lived out on the Main Line a lot of her life.
12:39 AM - Jun 22, 2023
Kathy D.
A
Ok, now you have me curious, who are your 4 favorite female characters?
12:41 AM - Jun 22, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Kathy D..
Victoria Lord, Rachel Cory, Maureen Bauer, and Margo Hughes. Only Margo wasn't created by Agnes. I didn't know this when I first started loving them, I found it out much later.
12:42 AM - Jun 22, 2023
Kathy D.
A
Wow quite a list. Very strong women. I'm actually in the middle of re-watching AW on YouTube. I had forgotten that Rachel was with Mitch for a while. For some reason I remembered it as a one-time thing.
12:47 AM - Jun 22, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Kathy D..
Rachel got with Mitch after she and Mac broke up because she had to tell him Matthew wasn't his son. But initially her and Mitch were one time. It's how she got pregnant with Matt.
12:52 AM - Jun 22, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Kathy D..
Another World was the only soap in history, other than Loving, that I could call my own. I didn't watch because a family member or friend's mom did. I was home sick one day in 5th grade and during a commercial break on As the World Tyrns I changed the channel. I didn't change it back for years.
12:51 AM - Jun 22, 2023
Kathy D.
A
LOL. I used to flip channels during commercials! I was serious when I said I was a fanatic. There was a period in the 80s when I knew what was happening on every soap (without a VCR!). What was there, 13 soaps then? I watched in the summers and subscribed to SOD to keep up. I was nuts.
12:56 AM - Jun 22, 2023
Kathy D.
A
I know I watched Loving, but the only character I can think of off the top of my head is Lorna. What was a good storyline from Loving? Maybe that will refresh my memory.
01:36 AM - Jun 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}