Dave Plus Coffee (he/him)
A
Given the trajectory of my offerings for #SpoutingClassics #60sAnd70s today, it feels like my destiny is to gradually become more and more obscure, until I disappear into myth and legend
'Over At The Frankenstein Place/There's a Light' Scene | The Rocky Horror Picture Show - YouTube

One of my favorite songs from this film...mostly just cause of Richard O'Brien's solo! Enjoy!

06:51 AM - Jun 22, 2023
Cindy
A
In response to Dave Plus Coffee (he/him).
❤️
07:16 AM - Jun 22, 2023
A
In response to Cindy.
True story: after I graduated boot camp in '86, one of my first visits off base landed me at a midnight showing of Rocky Horror, with everything that implies. I had never even heard of it, but went pretty much every weekend for almost a year, one of the absolute best times in my whole entire life 👍
07:18 AM - Jun 22, 2023
Carl Rauscher
A
If you're talking about that theater outside base in Orlando, FL, then perhaps we were there at the same time! My NPS shipmates and I alternated many evenings between midnight showings of Rocky Horror, Monty Python, and The Wall.
11:44 AM - Jun 22, 2023
A
In response to Carl Rauscher.
ps, I was also NPS at first, but washed out, and ended up on a minesweeper out of Norfolk until my time was up
12:00 PM - Jun 22, 2023
Carl Rauscher
A
ps. Mad respect to anyone who drank from the NPS knowledge firehose, regardless of outcome. That pace was insane and I lost a number of good friends to the grind.
12:55 PM - Jun 22, 2023
A
In response to Carl Rauscher.
Yep! Want to say it was Fashion Square mall, but really don't remember for sure. All I remember about that place is a) discovering Rocky Horror, b) I tried cheesecake for the first time at a Sbarro in the food court, and c) I bought a hooded Torque Expedition vest with too many pockets at Chess King
11:50 AM - Jun 22, 2023 (Edited)
A
Side note, I can tell you the brand of the vest because, inexplicably, I still have it, almost 40 years later. IDK why, I just .. never got rid of it. No reason, it's just .. here.
12:07 PM - Jun 22, 2023
Carl Rauscher
A
My favorite memory is the time they ordered everyone to stay in our seats (??) during the film, and when we did the "Time Warp" standing on the armrests, they turned on the lights and kicked all of us out.

#BadgeOfHonor
12:53 PM - Jun 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}