Lola Gayle
A
Oh my.

Express - Putin ally Lukashenko 'flees Belarus' as Wagner launches coup threatening Moscow

In another hammer blow for Putin, his closest ally has been reported to have fled his country as Wagner troops threaten to take Moscow.
04:35 AM - Jun 24, 2023
Gordon Price
A
In response to Lola Gayle.
WOW! If that is true, I am trying to imagine how a (so far) minor incursion in Rostov-on-Don could trigger such a decision. I can only imagine Belarussian military leadership meeting with the Potato and telling him without Russian support they "could not guarantee his safety". Wonder who takes him?
04:46 AM - Jun 24, 2023
Gordon Price
A
In response to Gordon Price.
That said, it is the Express, and shitty British press is about as trustworthy as the (all shitty) Russian press, so we shall see. Still, today is beginning to feel a bit like my train ride back from Kyiv last September during the Kharkiv counter offensive. New good news every few hours.
04:49 AM - Jun 24, 2023
Colin Sylvester
A
Was thinking the same regards the Excrete newspaper. Interesting if unverifiable that the aircraft signal disappeared and then restarted, begging the question of "has Lukashenko landed in Russia before his aircraft continued over Turkey?".
04:52 AM - Jun 24, 2023
Gordon Price
A
In response to Colin Sylvester.
But, would he feel safer in a Russia that may be falling apart? I guess if the threat in Belarus is immediate. But I was thinking he and Putin would end up in UAE in Saudi Arabia or some other shit country driven by greed over all else.
05:07 AM - Jun 24, 2023
Colin Sylvester
A
It's a very big place, one he could move through relatively unseen by western eyes on his way elsewhere perhaps?
10:43 AM - Jun 24, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}