Grandpa Bob
A
Maybe it’s just me. But if German kids can learn about Hitler, the Holocaust, and Nazi’s with out being traumatized I think American kids can handle learning about slavery and racism.
10:11 PM - Feb 14, 2023 (Edited)
Karl Eberle
A
In response to Grandpa Bob.
and Canadian kids - I'm not sure if it is covered now but when I went we never learned about residential schools etc - it should be part of the material
12:10 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to Karl Eberle.
Right now in Canada it depends on the province. But here is one article about B.C.
You can check online for more info about studies in different provinces and grades.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/ca...
04:14 PM - Oct 03, 2023
A work in progress
A
It’s not just you.
12:51 PM - Aug 08, 2023
William Turner
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
09:22 AM - Jul 26, 2023
Craig Wiesner
A
I remember watching a documentary about a man who was about to become a German citizen taking a class about the Holocaust. "You weren't a German, why would you care?" Someone asked. "I will be a German and it will be MY history. I have to care."
07:29 PM - Jul 22, 2023
Myke
A
#Germans teach their past evils so that history will not be repeated.

#Republicans hide their past evils because they intend to repeat them and do not want the youth to identity the warning signs and prevent it.
01:57 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Stewart Tan
A
Agree. It's not like you are asking kids to watch the video recording of what happened then. I think what's more traumatizing is kids doing these active shooter drills, since they know that it can happen to them (similar to the nuke drills in the 60s, except more likely to occur).
10:33 PM - Feb 14, 2023
dmark
A
One of the differences is that Germany has faced the evil of their past.
America has never done that.
10:27 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Rosetta
A
10:17 PM - Feb 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}