Ola
A
thread 1/6
Two weeks ago, I went to my employer’s corporate office and worked from there for 8 hours. On my way home, I stopped by a gas station nearby and suddenly realised that I had left my wallet at home. I didn’t worry because I linked my debit card to my Apple wallet, so I could just tap my phone…
08:59 AM - Jun 25, 2023
Ola
A
thread 2/6
…on a card scanner to pay.
I walked into the gas station store and asked the owner if I could pay with Apple Pay, and he said yes. I tried a few times but couldn’t. I was embarrassed and disappointed because I used Apple Pay at work to purchase lunch at the cafeteria, and it worked, but now it..
09:01 AM - Jun 25, 2023
Ola
A
thread 3/6
refused to work at the gas station.
I asked for his CashApp or Zelle information so I could send him the cash instantly, but he didn’t have any. I still had some gas in the car that would take me home, so I told the man not to worry; I'd manage. He told me he would give me the gas, & I could pay…
09:03 AM - Jun 25, 2023
Ola
A
thread 4/6
him another time. I explained that I only come to this area once a week or once every two weeks, but he said not to worry; I should pay him when I return.

Today, on my way to the office, I drove straight to the gas station and picked up a Dunkin Donuts gift card. He didn’t recognise me.
09:07 AM - Jun 25, 2023
Ola
A
thread 5/6
When I told him about the incident and that I would like to pay for the gas and then give him a gift card to get Coffee, he paused and stared at me for a while. He shook his head, took my card, charged the amount for the gas, and gave it back—still speechless.

I asked him if everything was okay,
09:07 AM - Jun 25, 2023
Ola
A
thread 6/6
he said, "I didn’t think you’d return! Do you know how many times I help people like this but they never come back?"

I felt the pain in his voice.

Despite how badly people treated him, he always gave new people a chance. I am glad that I didn’t fail him too, and I hope he doesn’t change.

Copied.
09:11 AM - Jun 25, 2023 (Edited)
Kos
A
In response to Ola.
I'm working in retail right now and I would hug you if I could.
05:56 PM - Nov 20, 2023
Ola
A
In response to Kos.
🤗😂👍🏽
06:04 PM - Nov 20, 2023
BeeBee Bimble
A
In response to Ola.
Integrity and honesty are so important.
09:17 AM - Nov 20, 2023
Lei`alalani AAPI