Mary OContrary
A
👀 All this time we've been blaming Russia...and now an investigation has unveiled a covert Israeli team that has been meddling in elections and spreading automated disinformation campaigns on social media around the world - including the US - for 2 decades? #Israel #disinformation
11:44 PM - Feb 14, 2023 (Edited)
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Oh, Russia's definitely done its share of interfering too. But this is an interesting revelation.
02:33 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie.
Absolutely! But our eyes were so focused on Russia that we almost missed this.

I really hope for the long term that #Spoutible is successful at keeping 100% of bots away from this platform. I don't care who is behind them, even if they're our ally.
02:37 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie
A
In response to Thee NW F#@&ing Magpie.
One thing nations have *not* done is upgrade cyber defenses and instruct the public on how to recognize things such as disinformation campaigns, fake websites, "deep fake" videos, and even phishing. We need to institute stronger defense measures and better education if we're going to combat this.
02:44 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Sue
A
We are living in a very different space/time, need to build immunity against misinformation/disinformation - an old piece I find inspiring: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/28/fact-from-fiction-finlands-new-lessons-in-combating-fa...
12:12 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Sue.
Thank you for sharing!
12:22 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Myke
A
Well yeah, #Republicans defended #Netanyahu and #Israeli forces, so of course he wants them in power.
11:47 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Myke.
This was exactly my first thought. Netanyahu and Trump were good ol friends.
11:51 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Antifa Director of PhysEd
A
It’s all connected.
11:47 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Antifa Director of PhysEd.
Not a doubt in my mind.
11:56 PM - Feb 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}