David Fox
A
thread 1/5
A few years ago, I worked on a project with my friend Gary Winnick to create a prototype of an interactive comic book, combining some concepts from our #PointAndClick adventure games with Gary's #comic book illustrations. We just made it public at https://comicactive.com/
#ThreadChallenge
08:21 PM - May 15, 2023 (Edited)
David Fox
A
thread 2/5
Go to the Our Demos page to click through to a Unity-based demo (allow time for it to load, then drag to the left to continue), or if you're on mobile, just watch the video.

Again, this is a prototype, but we'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on it.

#gamedev #indiegamedev
08:24 PM - May 15, 2023
David Fox
A
thread 3/5
More on the demo: Gary created and illustrated the original comic that the demo is based on. For the interactive portion, Mark Ferrari drew the backgrounds.

I did most of the coding using a combination of two Unity plugins: Panoply and Adventure Creator (for the more gamelike interactive portions).
08:26 PM - May 15, 2023
David Fox
A
thread 4/5
I also got a lot of help from James Simpson of Cellbloc Studios.

Gary (not active on social media) was co-designer with Ron Gilbert on both #ManiacMansion and #ThimbleweedPark . He also drew the Jaggi monster on my first #LucasFilmGames project, #RescueOnFractalus

#ThreadChallenge
08:31 PM - May 15, 2023
David Fox
A
thread 5/5
The "Nowhere Girl" demo only runs on Windows or Mac desktop (not mobile). It takes a while to load, please be patient.

Once it does load, you can advance through the story by swiping left with your mouse.

Interactive demo:
https://www.electriceggpla...
08:42 PM - May 15, 2023
David Fox
A
Re your point #2 , the muffled voice... through most of the demo she's speaking through a mask and her voice is electronically muffled. There's a section later on where she takes off her mask and it should then be clear. So it's intentional, as long as you can still understand what she says.
In response to Cynthia Williams.
11:51 PM - Jun 25, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}